Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Kristin Logan left Canada for cancer treatment, after being given a MAiD pamphlet

Alex Schadenberg
Executive Director, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition


Kristin Logan
Denette Wilford reported for the Toronto Sun on September 22 that Kristen Logan, left Canada to obtain cancer treatment in the US after waiting nine months for a diagnosis and then being given a pamphlet for Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) also known as euthanasia.

Wilford's report states:
A woman moved to the United States after doctors in Canada gave her a death sentence — and even advised her on how to carry it out.

Wilford explains what Logan said while being interviewed by Laura Ingraham on Fox news:

Logan revealed that she was waiting for an appointment with a specialist before literature about medical assistance in dying (MAID) was sent her way.

“I hadn’t even seen an oncologist yet before I got that pamphlet,” she told host Laura Ingraham.

“It took nine months to even get to a place where I was diagnosed,” Logan recounted, explaining that she was told in an emergency room that she had Stage 4 metastatic cancer, which spreads from where it first started to distant parts of the body through the blood or lymphatic system.

In Logan’s case, she had first been diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer.

“As I’m waiting for even the first call from the oncology team, I get this pamphlet in the mail basically telling me that I can go and kill myself,” she recounted to Ingraham.

“It was very disturbing. At that point you realize what a dystopian situation it is because nobody’s going to tell you how long you’re going to be waiting for treatment,” she continued, noting that doctors told her she was actually “fast-tracked,” which Logan found “ridiculous.”
Logan's situation has improved:
Logan, who has American citizenship, left Canada for good last year, but she first tried to return to the U.S. three years ago when, at the time, she was “dying.”

Her prognosis now is “looking pretty decent,” Logan revealed.

“I’m in a much better position for having [left Canada],” she continued, noting the “outstanding” medical care she has received in the U.S. since.

“And I’m still here when they told me three years ago that I wouldn’t make it two years.”
Wilfred continues the report with the story of Brigitte Stegemann (83) who recently died by (MAiD) euthanasia in the Belleville Ontario area even though her ability to consent to be killed was questionable.

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Wow. Fortunate that this lady is strong and didn't cave to the belief that her life wasn't worth living BEFORE she even received a diagnosis!! If that doesn't speak to "healthcare savings", I don't know what does.

Anonymous said...

This is beyond terrible and it's becoming commonplace.

Anonymous said...

I can barely believe this is happening in Canada. Much more common than uncommon currently. Dystopia is the perfect word for Canadian “values”.

Anonymous said...

This is so sad. As is how all of the Canadians citizens who have lived here our entire lives are being put to the back of the line and not even getting half the care we should be and most of us don't have the option to go to the USA. So many are being pressured into Doctor Assisted Suicide.. Even when there are other alternatives but they will not offer. Even to allow.domeone who wants to continue living out the last of their days in comfort. They are often denied and coerced into "MAiD"

Anonymous said...

All the previous comments are the reason why we must phone and email our parliamentary MPs to support Bill C-218 and vote YES to Bill C-218 on October 7th ,2026. That vote is only 5 days away.

Repulsive said...

VERY DISGUSTING AND WRONG HOW THIS WOMAN WAS TREATED!!! THE WORD "DYSTOPIA" DOES NOT DO JUSTICE. CANADA, CANADIAN GOVERNMENT, CANADIAN HEALTH CARE HAS "DISGUSTING VALUES". First Of All With Cancer, There Are Natural Therapies That Are REPRESSED IN Democratic Canada That Would Help But Are Not Allowed. Second, This Woman Was Waiting For Appointment With A Team Of Specialists Of Oncology (Cancer Care) And Before Even Consultation, DEATH AND ABUSE IS BULLIED ONTO HER!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I AM SO HAPPY AT LEAST THE U.S. IS HELPING BUT THE ACTIONS OF CANADA, CANADIAN GOVERNMENT, CANADIAN HEALTH CARE IS VERY WRONG, UNETHICAL, DISGUSTING AND EVIL. ABUSE LIKE THAT IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE!!! HASN'T CANADA LEARNED ENOUGH FROM COVID-19 IN WHICH WAS USED TO VACCINATE ALL FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLING FEMALES WITH ALL THE GARBAGE INSIDE THOSE VACCINES WHICH DID KILL FEMALES MOSTLY TO NOW BE ACTIVELY AND OPENLY ABUSING/BULLYING/HARASSING FEMALES TO KILL THEMSELVES!!! SHAME ON THEM!!! REPULSIVE!!!