Thursday, March 9, 2023

Euthanasia (MAiD) for children and bullying

Meghan Schrader
By Meghan Schrader

Meghan is an autistic person who is an instructor at E4 Texas at the University of Texas (Austin) and a EPC-USA board member.

Article: Psychiatric euthanasia and mental illness suck (Link).
Very often when I was growing up, people would walk up to me at school or church and tell me that they hated me and that they wished that I was dead. This happened quite frequently, in multiple contexts, and the things that people said they would like to do to me were relatively graphic-ramming me into a brick wall, shooting me, stabbing me, throwing acid on me, etc. One of the reasons that they felt this way was because I was disabled. People called me a retarded animal, with no provocation or intervention from adults.

Soon, disabled Canadian children will experience an entirely new level of homicidal ideation from their peers. Multiple peers will walk up to disabled Canadian kids and say things like, “I hope a MAiD provider puts you out of your misery,” and, “Go save the government some money and die by MAiD.” And, some kids will, especially if they hear it over and over again. It’s bad enough to be told that your death would be a good thing, but those kinds of statements will take on a whole new level of cruelty and violence when the Canadian government is literally offering disabled children (MAiD) euthanasia.

Indeed, the new “MAiD” activity book for kids is essentially a form of degradation and bullying. Any disabled Canadian child who has a loved one who dies by “MAiD” for a termini illness and uses the book will see the statement, “Other people might ask for MAiD if their illness or disability will not cause their body to die, but it causes too much pain or suffering for them to keep living with it, and there is no way to make the illness or disability get better or go away.”

That’s a very, very cruel message to send to disabled children that will make them grow up programed to accept fourth citizenship: “Hey, disabled Canadian kids! Are you dreaming of what you want to be when you grow up? How about a corpse?”

But I guess none of the trauma and death matters to the proponents. It’s all about them and their bodies.

 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I thought children were taught to be inclusive and accepting of differences. I have to say I NEVER heard children do this to other children growing up but am sickened that this woman had to endure this type of hatred. You are a beautiful person.