Saturday, January 4, 2014

Amnesty International UK is promoting assisted suicide.

A Not Dead Yet UK, member recently reported, that she has stopped supporting Amnesty International UK because of their support for assisted suicide.

Amnesty International UK recently included a leaflet in their mailing that promotes an assisted suicide lobby group.


Not Dead Yet member, Alice Maynard, who supports many of the causes that Amnesty International is involved with, stated:


I regret to inform you that I am cancelling my monthly direct debit. I work in the charity sector and I know how important regular donors are, however small. However, in the post today amongst the blurb you send you included a DiD leaflet. I feel very strongly that this was wholly inappropriate.
I am a member of the Not Dead Yet network, and I believe that DiD's lobbying will lead to the most fundamental of human rights of disabled people like myself - the right to life - being violated given that proposed safeguards are inadequate. 
Alice Maynard.
It seems contradictory that Amnesty International (UK) opposes capital punishment and supports assisted suicide. Both acts require one person to cause the death of another person.

Links to similar stories.
Belgian rapist demands euthanasia for psychological pain.
Julius Grey: Assisted suicide is wrong and dangerous.

No comments: