Executive Director - Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
CP Press report stated:
William Melchert-Dinkel was ordered Wednesday to serve 178 days in jail.
He was sentenced to nearly five years in prison, but he won't have to serve the prison term if he complies with conditions of probation that include the jail time.
The 52-year-old was convicted in September of one count of assisting a suicide and one count of attempting to assist a suicide in the deaths of Mark Drybrough, 32, of Coventry, England and Nadia Kajouji, 18, of Brampton, ON.
Links to more information:
- British family reacts to appeal of the assisted suicide conviction by Minnesota suicide predator.
- Marc Kajouji becomes a suicide prevention advocate after his sister dies by assisted suicide.
- Former Minnesota nurse convicted of attempting to assist the suicide of Canadian teen.
- Minnesota Supreme court upholds ban on assisted suicide.
- Minnesota Supreme court to hear assisted suicide case.