Friday, November 1, 2019

Do you have a personal story about euthanasia or assisted suicide?

Alan Nichols (62) was not sick or dying yet he died by euthanasia on July 26 at Chilliwack General Hospital in BC. His family is shocked that he was approved for and died by euthanasia. They were powerless to stop it.

Alan struggled with chronic depression. He often isolated himself, refusing to take medication or see a doctor. He needed support and encouragement during difficult times, not euthanasia.

Alan's story has been seen Canada-wide through CTV News coverage and social media (Link to Alan's story). His story is helping Canadians understand the consequences of legalized euthanasia.

Was Alan pressured or influenced to choose euthanasia?
Was Alan of sound mind to provide informed consent?
Was Alan offered any caring supports?

What could have been done to protect him?

Do you have a story to tell?

Canada's euthanasia law has opened the door wider to the abuse of people living with vulnerable conditions. The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition is sharing real life stories to show what is happening.

Your voice has the power to influence people, inspire action and affect decisions.

Sharing your experience can help you find closure and justice and honour the memory of a loved one lost to assisted death.

We believe in caring not killing.

If you have a story, email or call EPC at: 1-877-439-3348. 

We will not publicize your story without consent.

EPC is distributing the flyer at the top for $30 for 100 flyers or $50 for 200 flyers (tax and shipping included).


Corrina Conlan said...

This is the same hospital where they murdered my mother sneaking lethal injections while they changed her. We never asked nor were we told that they were killing my mom I visited every single day. First Chilliwack hospital lied saying my mom couldn't swallow. I went every day feeding her myself. They kept injecting her when I left. They need to be charged with murder.

Anonymous said...

I was power of attorney for a woman (72) who had vision and hearing impairments and some mobility issues. I attended her visits with her doctor and his attitude spoke loudly to me that he thought she was wasting valuable health care resources. While she was in hospital I was called by the night nurse(5am) to say the lady was dying. She had a restless night, shallow breathing and slowed heart rate. I went to the hospital and she was incoherent. I asked what had happened. A new nurse came in, removed something from her shoulder and the doctor came in with a syringe, an antidote for morphine. She was laughing and talking and eating grapes 5 minutes later. A couple of weeks later I received a call at noon from the hospital to say she had had a restless night, her breathing was shallow, heart rate slowed and she had passed away. The reason she was there was due entirely to the hospital's negligence and now she was dead. The doctor won't so much as look at me to this day
. I wrote a 7 page letter to the college of physicians and surgeons outlining the mistakes in her care and my suspicions, which, of course, I had no way of confirming. The college essentially did nothing. That was 2015. This is more common than any of us want to believe.